Sunday, August 17, 2014

Cornbread, colours and the many faces of Eli

I absolutely love any opportunity I get to be creative. The idea of making something great and unique is super exciting and rewarding to me. Lately, within the last year or two, I have gotten into cooking and baking (one of the newest outlets I've discovered for being creative). I usually cook or bake whatever I personally feel like eating (I am in love with southern soul food) but every now and then I'll make something that the hubby or someone else will love and then I'll cook it especially for them once in a while. One example is my cornbread (it's really more like corn cake because of how sweet it is). I've made cornbread many times now because my husband loves it but this last time was the best yet! I used a recipe off the Internet and added some cinnamon and rum. *Just a warning, this corn bread is very tasty but super unhealthy so I recommend saving it for special occasions.





I wish there was some way you could smell the cake through the computer because it smells heavenly, like what I imagine a southern kitchen would smell like at momma's house right before a big family dinner hahaha. If you'd like the recipe click HERE


The other update is on Elijah, my son. He's been growing at an insane rate. He is only 2 months old but his pediatrician said he's the size of a 5 month old! He is already wearing clothing for 6 month old babies. Yup, he's my big little guy *sigh*. He is so expressive and dramatic about everything it makes me laugh. He has no shortage of kooky facial expressions to melt my heart. So I though I'd share some of my favorites with you all:











and finally.... my favorite expression.... the one I live for:




Those smiles are the best thing in life!



In other news, I think this may be the last week with my fiery red hair.

I love this colour, it makes me feel vibrant and sassy but I'm too anxious to try something new. I'm going to continue with the unnatural colours for a little while, until I get it out of my system. I absolutely love colour and the way it makes everything prettier. I'm sure my mom won't be thrilled but she'll get used to it eventually, she always does. So say goodbye to the red and I will post an update with my new hair colour once it's in effect.


Lastly, I just wanted to deliver a quick message that's been on my heart lately. So many people seem to be suffering with various illnesses from depression, to cancer and everything in between. Others have been going through financial hardships or relationship issues. I just want to let you all know that my heart is with you and to be strong through this difficult time. The great thing about time is that it is constantly moving forward, so these difficulties will soon be a thing of the past.  I can't imagine how hard life has been for some of you and I'm sure it's hard for many people to understand but I do believe in the age old adage: "whatever doesn't kill you, makes you stronger". God is allowing you to be refined through the flames and giving you a great story of victory to tell. I hope your pain passes quickly and that your experience allows God to reveal something wonderful to you whether it be showing you that you are more loved than you thought, more resilient than you expected or any number of other things. 

ta ta for now my loves

Maureen

No comments:

Post a Comment